Welcome to Seculert’s Malware Reverse Engineering Challenge
Win NIS 1,500 + iPad mini / Nexus 7
- The challenge and prizes apply only to Israeli residents, 21 years old and above.
- In order to win NIS 1,500 you must submit a perfect malware reverse engineering solution (see below guidelines) by 1 December. 2013.
- If you submit an almost perfect answer, we will send you further guidelines and directions in order to help you perfect it.
- If, after our assistance (No. 3 above), you are able to submit a perfected answer by 1 December 2013 you will win NIS 500.
- Only the first 25 reverse engineers who submit a perfect or perfected solution before the closing date will win a prize and enter the “Malware Reversers Hall of Fame“.
- For the winners: If you are interested, we will invite you for an interview. If you are hired by us you will receive an iPad mini / Nexus 7 in addition to the prize money that you have already won!
- Refer this challenge to a friend (send him/her an email and CC firstname.lastname@example.org), and you can also win an iPad mini / Nexus 7 if we hire him/her!
- Download, at your own risk(!!!), the malware sample zip file from http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8q4k2
- The password for the zip file is: infected
- Feel free to use any reverse engineering tool you are comfortable with. We recommend IDA Pro / OllyDbg.
- In order to complete a full communication session between the malware and the C2 server, the malware code might need to perform 3 different actions. A perfect solution must include all different actions as well as an explanation of the process.
Ready to submit your perfect or near perfect solution? Got a question?
Contact Seculert’s Research Lab experts at email@example.com