Welcome to Seculert’s Malware Reverse Engineering Challenge
Win up to NIS 5,000
- The challenge and prizes apply only to Israeli residents, 21 years old and above.
- In order to win NIS 5,000 you must be the FIRST to submit a perfect malware reverse engineering solution (see below guidelines) by 9 February 2014.
- If you submit an almost perfect answer, we will send you further guidelines and directions in order to help you perfect it.
- Only the first 10 reverse engineers who submit a perfect or perfected solution before the closing date will win a prize and enter the “Malware Reversers Hall of Fame“. The first prize is NIS 5,000 and the remaining 9 slots are NIS 2,000 each.
- For the winners: If you are interested, we will invite you for an interview.
- Refer this challenge to a friend (send them an email and CC email@example.com), and if we hire them you will win NIS 2,000.
- Download, at your own risk(!!!), the malware sample zip file from http://www.sendspace.com/file/s8q4k2
- The password for the zip file is: infected
- Feel free to use any reverse engineering tool you are comfortable with. We recommend IDA Pro / OllyDbg.
- In order to complete a full communication session between the malware and the C2 server, the malware code might need to perform 3 different actions. A perfect solution must include all different actions as well as an explanation of the process.
Ready to submit your perfect or near perfect solution? Got a question?
Contact the Seculert’s Research Lab experts at firstname.lastname@example.org